Thursday, January 5, 2012

The ride home...

Ed and I are traveling home from Charleston and I start to unpack my goody bag with all my stuff that Meredith gave me. Oh have mercy I have some studyin' to do! I opened up this fancy briefcase that has all this equipment and oh my gosh guess what I see! My receiver comes with four different colors! Let me back up here....When Ed and I first decided to go with the implant, several different styles were shown to us to chose from. One receiver we looked at had pink and black zebra stripes and all these "funky" covers I could wear. As soon as Meredith opened it up Ed said  and I quote " OH law dont show her those" lol Now for those of you that know me, I am slightly off whack and not well lets just say normal lol When I turned 50 I decided to go funky and I shaved my head, bought a convertible and started to take care of my bucket list. Ed did not want me to wear a pink and black zebra print receiver on my head and since he was paying for this thing, I went with gray so it would blend in with my hair and not stand out. Well to my surprise when I opened my briefcase that had all my supplies and stuff there laying before me were 4 extra recievers all in multiple colors. Neon green, yellow, bright blue and lastly old ugly orange (which I will never wear unless I am going to a tacky party or something). I was so excited and Ed just rolled his eyes. So far I am wearing the gray. I will break in the neon green maybe for St. Paddy's Day lol  We driving home and well, I need to stop and use the little girls room. Went in and I know I shouldnt talk about such private things but you know what my 3rd new sound was? Tinkle  lol  OK Im embarrassed but its true....I just really never ever thought about it. Go figure....we arrive home and day one has come to a close but wait...you know I have to update my games so I quick go to the computer and 4th new sound? Keys on the keyboard click! Imagine that...Its so loud...even the mouse has a click. I am so involved with these new sounds...I play Words with Friends and it has a bubble sound when a move is made! Bejeweled Blitz! Have Mercy and Hot Shots! I now have turned my volume control off. Not down but off! My day is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment