Thursday, June 20, 2013

Again?????? NO! Well, ok.

That was me at an appointment with my Super Duper Audiologist. Again? Yes again. With my new CI, Meredith told me I had to wear the new one by itself for awhile and get my brain used to the thing. Well, my brain is telling me to wear both CI's so I can hear! I mean really! When I am wearing two, I can hear. When I wear the one, I can not. Its hard y'all. Think about it for a minute and you'll know where I'm comin' from. Hear you are sitting listening to the sounds all around you then things go silent. Would you panic? Really. What would you do if all of a sudden your world went silent? That is what Meredith is asking me to do. Well almost. I hear so well with my CI of 18 months. Now I have to remove it and wear my new one and start all over. Welcome to Munchkin Land and come meet the Lollipop Kids! Two weeks out and everyone still sound like munchkins. I have to wear one. I know I have to wear the one but its soooo hard! I want to hear normally! Im tellin ya, its hard throwing myself back out there this time. I know what I am up against and I am struggling here. I dont want to start at the beginning again but I know I do. I know it! Then why dont I do it! I am wearing 2 as I write this. Why am I wearing the 2 in the privacy of my own home when I KNOW I should be wearing one???  OK, Im taking it off. I will do this but I need your help but I dont know how you can help me. Maybe pull it off my dern head if you see me wearing 2? lol Ok next topic....I got the new processor thats out. Im talkin a brand spankin' new one. Ill take a pic of it for you and post it. Might post the other type I have too. The new one is just a small magnetic disc with fishing twine attached to it with a clothespin on the end. The other type I have rests on my ear and magnet is attached to wire.

I can see the benefits of both but if you have short hair like I do, I dont have anything for the clothespin to grasp. I might shouldnt call it a clothespin since Im not pinning it to clothes...what should I call it? lol I like both and too another thing? Hubby likes to play with my hair. He might knock it off and I might lose the thang! Ill try it and Ill keep it as a back up or when I dress up to go out somewhere special but Im not so sure I will like it. Anyway. Here are the pics and Im not putting my other one back on since I took it off. Proud of me? I am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment