Monday, June 10, 2013

Activation Day !!!!!

Well here it is 12 days post surgery from going bilateral. WHAT WAS I THINKING?????? Did I honestly and truly want to hear in stereo? Was I missing out on anything without having surround sound?  Well, let me tell you. Today was activation day and I had mixed feelings about the whole shebang. When I got hooked up the first time it was awful. It was soooo loud and everyone sounded so mechanical. Robot like and like ducks. So I went in there thinking , here we go again. Well guess what? I was right in assuming the worst as IT WAS! Everything I thought about and experienced with ear one happened with ear two. Meaning, I HEAR ROBOTS AND DUCKS AGAIN! But thats ok, I know it will get better in time. ITS GOTTA! lol Anyway, the drive down to Charleston today, I turned up the radio loud, popped in one of my CD's so on the way home, I can listen to the same song with one ear, two ears and compare the two. AINT NO COMPARISON! It was awful. I AINT LYIN! But I know it will be better. Meredith (my super duper audiologist) said to wear only the new one so I did that in the car on the way home. I didnt recognize any of the songs on that CD! I keep telling my self it will get better as I love ear one. Well Meredith put me me in the booth and she was so excited because she said I scored in the normal range and was so impressed I scored as high as I did first time out. I posted it here so you guys could see my score. Let me know what you think? Is it pretty good? lol  After I left Meredith I went for a stroll in the hospital thinking I knew all the sounds...WRONG. I hear the dings of elevators, all the lil electrical noises I know are there were louder and I caught myself looking around. Caught up with my kids and ate lunch, placed my own order and headed back. I still have my steri strips on my incision and Im ready for them to come off. My kids who will rename nameless and who were asked not in front of the other lol
refused to take them off of me saying they were on for a reason and will come off on their own. I WANT THEM OFF NOW! But I still have them on :( Thats today in a nutshell. Im tired, my head hurts and Im going to bed. NIGHT ALL! Oh I might add here that I met a friend in person today that has a new implant that I met earlier online....I was right, we did hit it off and we were meant to meet :)  Cant wait to meet again and compare notes and she is getting her 2nd CI in a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment