Friday, June 21, 2013

I think I can I think I can I CAN and I WILL!

Ok you guys...although it is funny as I will be the 1st to admit, its not fun being in Munchkin Land. I woke up this morning determined I will wear one unit, my new one. Its hard. SO very hard. Please be patient with me as I can not tell who is speaking, where the odd noise is coming from and just so absolutely frustrated almost to tears. My lip reading has gotten lazy. I know this will work for me, I know it as the 1st was so successful. I do know that wearing 2 is ok but I have to go through this process. Im home with my dogs who warn me of passerbys on the street or in the yard. I cant tell if its a bark or not. I have the TV's on it just isnt working. Everyone is a lollipop kid STILL! I know you get tired of hearing about it. Its so strange to me that with the 2 CIs Im hearing fine and can tell a HUGE difference. But with the one, UGH! I am blessed, truly blessed and I will get through this. To my friends who live with me everyday, bare with me and thanks for all your patience while I learn to hear AGAIN! For my new found friends in my cochlear support group, thanks for your support. Its nice to be surrounded by friends who are going through the same as you. Karen 

No comments:

Post a Comment